Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Random Thoughts

I’m feeling far less homesick today.  I woke up excited to go to work!  Ghana feels less foreign than it did last week.  I’m acclimating! 

Ghanaians like there meat super, duper cooked.  My mother who likes her meat cooked-to-death, would love it.  Me, who is already almost a vegetarian by preference, is less than thrilled. 

Ghanaians also love their carbs!  Since carbs are by far my favorite food group, this pleases me.  I’d much rather have oodles of tasty carbs and some overcooked meat than lots of amazing meat and so-so carbs.  Also, there is no such thing as too many carbs at a Ghanaian meal, so I’m basically just living off of carbs in some kind of tomato based sauce or broth.  It’s delightful.

Also what they call Spaghetti is really angel hair.  And they mix it with the rice and sauce.  Again: no such thing as too many carbs.  Bliss. 

Finally, tomorrow I give a talk during lunch to Hen Mpoano of my experimental design and methodologies.  They will offer critiques and help me change my questions if they are not well suited for the communities I will be interviewing in.  Wish me luck presenting!  And hopefully this means I’ll be back in the field either the end of this or the start of next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment